This recipe is from easygayoven.com via instagram @easygayoven
Tried and tested, we love this cake and hope you like it too!
Makes one 9-inch cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar (220 grams)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1 cup good-quality extra virgin olive oil (236 milliliters)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta (180 grams)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (68 grams)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (130 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform tin and line the bottom with a circle of parchment.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the sugar and lemon zest. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until fragrant.
- To the bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the ricotta and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Tap on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer the tin to a wire rack and let the cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen from the tin, remove the rim, and allow it to cool fully on the wire rack.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar, if desired. I used 3/4-inch strips of parchment paper to create a striped pattern.